A historical and exploratory walking tour at 'The battle of Waterloo'
This was the battle that brought an end to the 22 years of war of the Revolution and of the Empire.
Our search starts in the Wellington Museum, where you will be completely immersed in the warlike atmosphere and the spirit of this 19th century era.
After the visit we go on to the Lion's Mound, one of the most famous monuments in Belgium. It was built by the Dutch, between 1823 and October 1826, on the spot where their king, William II of the Netherlands, was injured. We end the day with a visit to the headquarters of Napoleon.
Buried at the foot of the Lion's Mound, the Memorial 1815 allows you to experience one of the most turbulent times in our History... as if you were there. Guided by a soldier of your chosen army, you learn about the machinery that led inexorably to the battle. Dive into the heart of the battle, in a multi-sensory experience, full of special effects, the only one of its kind in Europe! 1815 m² of immersive journeying in a narrative set design which focuses on the experience of the battle.
Experience one of the most important moments in European history with your colleagues or friends.
Example programme of a visit to Waterloo:
- 09:30: the group is welcomed at the Waterloo station
09:45: departure for Wellington Museum
- 10:00: guided tour of the Wellington Museum
- 11:30: guided tour of the Panorama & the battlefield
- 12:45: lunch
- 14:00: free visit to the brand new Memorial with interactive tour
- 16:00: return to Waterloo train station
- 16:30: end of event
Duration: approximately 7 hours
Price: from €95 p.p.*
* Prices valid as from 30 participants. For groups more than 50 persons, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
Included in the price:
- Guided tour of the Wellington Museum
- Guided tour of the Panorama & the battlefield
- Visit of the Memorial 1815
- Two-course menu (main & dessert)
- Matching drinks: 1 glass of wine/beer/soft drinks and 1 coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by our event manager during the whole event
- Organisation, coordination and logistic of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event.
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.
For more information about this historical visit of Waterloo or a tailor-made event, or check our . You can also call us at +32 (0)2 580 0 580 from monday to friday from 9:00 to 5:00.