Tasty discovery of Mechelen and revival of the history in the Dossin Barracks
A combination of a city walk in the city of the "Maneblussers" and a visit to the Kazerne Dossin: a memorial and documentation centre about the Holocaust and Human Rights.
The new museum not only tells about the persecution of Jews and gypsies in Belgium during the Second World War, but also about the violation of human rights in the past and now. That is why this museum is different from other Holocaust museums. An unforgettable experience guaranteed!
Example programme of a visit of Mechelen and the Dossin Barracks:
- 10:45: welcome by our guide to the Grote Markt
- 11:00: start of guided city walk with a certified guide with a few stops for tasting various local products.
- 13:00: lunch
- 14:30: after introduction, visit at your own pace of the Dossin barracks and the Holocaust Museum
- 16:00: closing with a drink
- 16:30: end of the event
Duration: approximately 6 hours
Price: from €75 p.p.*
*Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups of more than 50 participants, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
Included in the price:
- Guided tour of the city center of Mechelen with a professional guide
- Two-course menu (main and dessert)
- Matching drinks: glass of wine (beer/soft/water) + coffee/thea
- Tasting sessions throughout the walking tour
- Local beer/soft/cofee/tea
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a half-day version.
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.