Ypres & the Great War
Revival of the Great War in and around Ypres
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
The scar of the Great War is still visible in Ypres. Guided by an accredited city guide and seated in a deluxe bus, we will get acquainted with the area of Passendale. The impressive soldiers’ graves, the first-aid station, the legendary battle field, and much more.
After a delicious lunch, we will walk alongside the important war monuments: the Menenpoort, the Irish Cross and St. George Memorial. To end the visit, we will visit “In Flanders Fields”, one of the most impressive museums in our country.
Example programme of the revival of the great war in and around Ypres:
- 09:15: warm welcome by our guide at the cathedral of Ypres
- 09:30: tour with a deluxe bus at the 'Ypres Salient North'
- 12:45: lunch
- 14:15: walk in Ypres with a professional city guide
- 15:45: free visit to the interactive “In Flanders Fields Museum"
- 17:30: drink
- 18:00: end of the event
Duration: approximately 8 hours
Price: from €85 p.p.*
* Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups more than 50 persons, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
Included in the price:
- Two-course menu (main course and dessert)
- Matching drinks: 1 glass of wine/beer/soft drinks and 1 coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by a professional city guide
- Guided bus tour around Ypres with luxury bus
- Entrance to the Flanders Fields Museum
- Local beer
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a half-day version.
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.