A unique historical and culinary walking tour in Spa
- Follow the guide on a walking tour to visit Spa and discover all the historical and culinary gems the city has to offer.
- This food tour alternates interesting stories with culture, history and amusing anecdotes.
- It includes a visit to a carefully selected restaurant.
The spas of Spa (hence the name) are one of the oldest in the world and date from the sixteenth century. Thanks to the Austrian Emperor Joseph II, who visited the city in 1781, Spa was once called the ‘Café of Europe’, everyone by name wanted to be here and be seen!
Visit Spa on a walking tour with an experienced guide and discover the city’s most fascinating and delightful places. Expect interesting stories, culture, history and amusing anecdotes. This is also a food tour: we will stop every now and then to tempt your taste buds with local delicacies. Spoil yourself with a delicious lunch prepared with local specialities at a carefully selected restaurant. Afterwards, we will continue our walking tour and end the day with a local beer and the award ceremony for the city quiz. This is a unique and unforgettable way to discover the real Spa.
Example programme of a culinary walking tour in Spa:
- 10:45: the group is welcomed by our guide
- 11:00: guided walking tour with stops to taste local delicacies
- 13:00: lunch at the restaurant
- 14:30: continuation of the walking tour
- 16:00: end of the walk with a local beer and award ceremony for the city quiz
- 16:30: end of the event
Duration: approximately 5,5 hours
Price: from €75 per person*
* Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups more than 50 persons, special prices on demand. Prices exclude VAT.
Included in the price:
- Walking tour in the city with a professional city guide
- Two-course menu
- Matching drinks: 1 glass of wine/beer/soft drinks and 1 coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by our guide during the whole event
- Several salty/sweet tastings
- 1 local beer
- City quiz with a ‘delicious’ award for the winner
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a half-day version: Sweet and sour, a tasty city walk in Spa.
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.