Sweet and sour, a tasty city walk in Tournai
A unique city walk with local tastings in Tournai
- Follow the guide on a walking tour to visit Tournai and discover the historical and culinary gems the city has to offer.
- This food tour alternates interesting stories with culture, history and amusing anecdotes.
- It includes tastings of local delicacies, pastry with coffee and a local beer.
The second oldest city in Belgium. The Scheldt crosses the city, green parks and relaxing fountains form a perfect harmony with Tournai’s numerous art treasures. The Cathedral and the Belfry, both recognised by UNESCO, the Cloth Hall, the “Pont des trous” and the Museum of Fine Arts designed by Victor Horta. Simply put: beauty galore!
Visit Tournai on a walking tour with an experienced guide and discover the city’s most fascinating and delightful places. Expect interesting stories, culture, history and amusing anecdotes. This is also a food tour: we will stop every now and then to tempt your taste buds with local delicacies. In a carefully selected restaurant, you can enjoy a lovely pie with a cup of coffee or tea. Afterwards, we will continue our walking tour and end the day with a local beer and the award ceremony for the city quiz.
This is a unique and unforgettable way to discover the real Tournai.
Example programme of a sweet and sour tasty city walk in Tournai:
- 14:00: welcome by our guide
- 14:15: guided walking tour with stops to taste local delicacies
- 15:15: local pastry and coffee/tea
- 15:45: continuation of the walking tour
- 16:45: end of the walk with a local beer
- 17:00: end of the event
Duration: 3 hours
Price: from € 50 per person*
*Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups of more than 50 participants, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
Included in the price:
- Walking tour in the city with a professional city guide
- Several salty/sweet tastings
- Local pastry with coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by our guide during the whole event
- Local beer
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a full-day version with lunch: Discover and taste Tournai