Discover Alost’ culinary delights during a guided walking tour
How to discover Alost in an original way?
Are you looking for a fun and original activity to take part in with your colleagues or friends? Do you want to get a deeper understanding of this city, known for its colourful carnival? Then don’t look any further, this food tour is for you! We will tell you the city’s stories while walking in and out of restaurants. Discover the taste of Alost!
Where to have a delightful lunch or dinner in Alost?
"Oilsjt” (Flemish slang for Alost) does not solely stands for its carnival and the “ajoin” (a nickname that literally translates to ‘onion’, derived from Alost’s famous onion farming, which flourished in the 19th century). Alost has a lot to offer, culinarily as well as culturally. Our food tour will take you past three carefully selected restaurants for a start, main and dessert. You will taste the gastronomical history of the city, as it were.
But that’s not all! A professional city guide will take you to numerous famous heritage sites, but also to the lesser known spots in the heart of Alost. Discover where some famous people such as priest Daens, Louis Paul Boon (poet and writer) and Dirk Martens (a remarkable printer and editor) resided, and explore the fascinating historic center, home to the “tettentoeren” (Flemish slang for Alost’s belfry). Let yourself be captivated by the rich past of the city behind the mask! In short, our food tour will provide you with a profound knowledge of the city.
The combination of culture, gastronomy and relaxation will make this food tour an extraordinary experience.
This food tour in Alost is also recommended as a teambuilding activity in combination with an exciting City Game.
Example programme of a food tour through Alost:
- 18:00: a warm welcome by our city guide
- 18:15: start of the guided walk
- 18:45: starter in restaurant A
- 19:30: continuation of the walking tour with the guide
- 20:00: main dish in restaurant B
- 21:00: continuation of the walking tour with the guide
- 21:30: dessert in restaurant C
- 22:00: end of the event
Duration: approximately 4 hours
Price: from €76 p.p.*
*Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups of more than 50 participants, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
- Walking tour in the city with a professional city guide
- Three-course meal (starter, main and dessert) in 3 different locations
- Matching drinks: 2 glasses of wine (beer/soft/water) + 1 coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by our guide during the whole event
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- This food tour in Alost can be organised at noon as well as in the evening.
- Adjustments to the programme are possible on request.
- Restaurants, dishes and drinks will be adjusted depending on your budget.
For more information about this food tour in Alost or a tailor-made event, or check our . You can also call us at +32 (0)2 580 0 580 from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 5:00.