Discover Alost and its flavours through play
Discovering the city through play and taste, it’s possible! Not only will you get acquainted with the city’s hotspots, you will do it while playing a fun game with your colleagues or friends with the magnificent city centre of Alost as the backdrop. On top of that, you will get the opportunity to dine in three lovely restaurants. In short, a unique recipe for an unforgettable day!
How to discover Alost through an exciting culinary city game?
“Oilsjt” (Flemish slang for Alost) does not only stand for its carnival and the “ajoin” a nickname that literally translates to ‘onion’, derived from Alost’s famous onion farming, which flourished in the 19th century). Discover where some famous people such as priest Daens, Louis Paul Boon (poet and writer) and Dirk Martens (a remarkable printer and editor) resided, and explore the fascinating historic center, home to the “tettentoeren” (Flemish slang for Alost’s belfry). Let yourself be captivated by the rich past of the city behind the mask! This and so much more awaits you during our exciting city game in the heart of Alost.
Feel like getting to know Aalst in an original way? Fun, adventure, team spirit, but above all gastronomical delight in 2 or 3 carefully picked restaurants are the key ingredients for this team building event!
On the lookout to get to know Alost without a city game? Then have a look at our food tour in Alost.
What game is being played? What are the instructions?
The group will be divided in smaller groups of 5-6 people. While enjoying a delightful appetiser, our quizmaster will lay out your mission: solve a quiz, do a photoshoot, solve a puzzle, take a taste test with local specialties, and it goes on! The assignments will be determined based on your time frame and the track chosen. Indulge in the cultural and culinary wonders of Alost.
At the end of the event, the group winner will receive a fun and suitable prize! It’s a unique opportunity to get to know your friends or colleagues in a different setting!
Prefer a fresh glass of Belgian ale in one of Alost’s many charming pubs? Have a look at our Pub Tasting Tour, a beer walk with a zythologist.
Programme example of a culinary city game in Alost:
- 18:00: a warm welcome by our event manager and explanation of the city game
- 18:15: start of the city game
- 18:45: starter at restaurant A
- 19:30: continuation of the city game
- 20:00: main dish at restaurant B
- 21:00: continuation of the city game
- 21:30: dessert at restaurant C, end of the city game with an award ceremony
- 22:00: end of the event
Duration: approximately 4 hours
Price: from €79 p.p.*
*Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups of more than 50 participants, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
- Three-course meal (starter, main course & dessert) in 3 different locations
- Matching drinks: 2 glasses of wine/beer/soft and 1 coffee/tea
- City game with a ‘delicious’ prize for the winning team
- Exquisite guidance by our event manager
- Accompaniment by our event manager during the whole event
- Organisation, coordination and logistic of the event
- The culinary city game in Alost can be played at noon as well as in the evening.
- Adjustments to the programme are possible on request.
- Restaurants, dishes and drinks will be adjusted depending on your budget.
For more information about this culinary city game in Alost or a tailor-made event, or check our . You can also call us at +32 (0)2 580 0 580 from monday to friday from 9:00 to 5:00.