Discover and taste Alost
A unique historical and culinary walking tour in Alost
- Follow the guide on a walking tour to visit Alost and discover all the historical and culinary gems the city has to offer.
- This food tour alternates interesting stories with culture, history and amusing anecdotes.
- It includes a visit to a carefully selected restaurant.
“Oilsjt”, Aalst is more than the city of Carnival and the “ajoin”. Discover the roots of Priest Daens, Louis Paul Boon and Dirk Martens, visit the church of Saint-Martin en the wonderful historic centre with the “tettentoeren”. Let yourself be enchanted by the rich past of this city behind the mask!
Together with an accredited guide, you will walk through the beautiful city of Alost and discover its most intriguing places. Interesting stories, cultures, history and fun anecdotes are the name of the game. On top of that, we will stop to tickle your taste buds with local delicacies. In a carefully selected restaurant, you can enjoy a lovely lunch based on local specialties. After that, we will continue our discovery and end the day with a beer and the award ceremony of the city quiz. It’s a unique and unforgettable way to discover Alost’s DNA.
Example programme of a culinary walking tour in Alost:
- 10:45: the group is welcomed by our guide
- 11:00: guided walking tour with stops to taste local delicacies
- 13:00: lunch at the restaurant
- 14:30: continuation of the walking tour
- 16:00: end of the walk with a local beer and award ceremony for the city quiz
- 16:30: end of the event
Duration: approximately 5,5 hours
Price: from €69 per person*
*Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups of more than 50 participants, special prices on demand. Prices VAT excluded.
Included in the price:
- Walking tour in the city with a professional city guide
- Two-course menu
- Matching drinks: 1 glass of wine/beer/soft drinks and 1 coffee/tea
- Accompaniment by our guide during the whole event
- Several salty/sweet tastings
- 1 local beer
- City quiz with a ‘delicious’ award for the winner
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a half-day version: Sweet and sour, a tasty city walk in Alost
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.