Discover and taste Ghent & Van Eyck
A cultural and culinary walking tour in the footsteps of Van Eyck in Ghent
- Follow the guide on a walking tour to visit Ghent and discover all the historical and culinary gems the city has to offer.
Taste, discover and admire Van Eyck's works and the various delicacies that honour the artists (chocolates, beer, cold cuts, etc.).
- Lunch will be served in a carefully selected restaurant.
Who says Ghent, says the Lamb of God. In 2020 the city of Ghent will celebrate Van Eyck and the Lamb of God with a special festive year full of events.
Together with an experienced guide you will go on a city walk through Ghent and discover the traces Van Eyck has left behind in the city. Interesting stories, culture and fun anecdotes alternate at a rapid pace. Moreover, we stop now and then to stimulate the taste buds with local 'Van Eyck' delicacies. In a carefully selected restaurant you will be pampered with a delicious lunch based on local specialties. In the afternoon, we visit the famous Alter piece in St Bavo's Cathedral and the Van Eyck exhibition. Finally, we will end the tour with a delicious Van Eyck beer.
Example programme of a cultural and culinary Van Eyck tour in Ghent:
- 10:45: the group is welcomed by our guide
- 11:00: guided walking tour with stops to taste local Van Eyck delicacies
- 13:00: lunch at the restaurant
- 14:30: visit of the St. Bavo's cathedral and its famous alterpiece and the Van Eyck exhibition
- 16:30: local Van Eyck beer at a typical Ghent café
- 17:00: end of the event
Duration: approximately 6 hours
Price: from €99 per person*
* Prices valid as from 20 participants. For groups more than 50 persons, special prices on demand. Prices exclude VAT.
Included in the price:
- Walking tour in the city with a professional city guide
- Two-course menu
- Matching drinks: 1 glass of wine/beer/soft drinks and 1 coffee/tea
- Several salty/sweet Van Eyck tastings
- 1 local Van Eyck beer
- Admission to the Van Eyck exhibition and St Bavo's Cathedral
- Accompaniment by our guide during the whole event
- Organisation, coordination and logistics of the event
- There are numerous ways to personalise this event, such as a half-day version: Sweet and sour, a tasty city walk in Ghent.
- We tailor the choice of restaurants and dishes to your budget.